Background Image

Eliminate Mold Contamination Homes or Commerical Businesses



Do You Have Mold in the Walls of your home or business in Potomac, Maryland?

We have equipment that can immediately identify your mold condition and the type of mold contamination you may have in your home in Potomac, Maryland.

We are family owned company in business for over 20 years. We are fully certified mold remediators, inspectors and insured.
Our experienced mold remediation team includes certified, highly trained inspectors, mold abatement technicians. Together, we deliver a full array of specialized indoor air quality services, including:
  • Mold inspections and mold testing
  • Complete mold removal and mold restoration services
  • Post-remediation report preparation
  • Final clearance mold testing
  • Water removal
  • Water damage restoration services
  • HVAC cleaning services
  • HVAC decontamination
  • Restoration and contracting services
Mold can be found in both indoors and outdoors areas of your home in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Mold can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold is in the air outside your home can also attach itself to clothing, shoes, bags, and pets can and then can be carried indoors.
Mold grows in places with a lots of moisture, such as around leaks in your roof, windows, pipes, or where there has been flooding. Mold grows easily on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. These are important tips to control mold growth inside your home:
  • Keep humidity levels between 40% and 60%;
  • Promptly fix leaky roofs, windows, and pipes;
  • Thoroughly clean and dry after flooding;
  • Ventilate your shower, laundry, and cooking areas properly
If mold is growing in your home, it must be promptly cleaned and the source removed, i.e., fixing a moisture problem. Mold growth can be removed from hard surfaces with commercial products, soap and water, or with a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Mold growth generally looks like spots, but can be many different colors and smells musty. If you can see or smell mold there may already be a health risk present. You do not need to know the type of mold growing in your home. No matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it as quickly as possible. Since the effect of mold on people can vary greatly, either because of the amount or type of mold, you cannot rely on sampling and culturing to know your health risk. Sampling for mold can be expensive, and the standards for judging what is, and what is not the acceptable quantities of mold have never been set. The best practice is to remove the mold and work to prevent future growth. Health problems associated with mold exposure include:
  • Memory lapses
  • Fatigue
  • Digestive problems
  • Chronic aches and pains
  • Itching or irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and skin
  • Sinus infections and sinusitis
  • Skin rashes
  • Upper and lower respiratory infections
  • Headaches
We recommend, prior to your attempt to remediate mold yourself, that you give us a call. If this is a job you can do yourself, we will honestly tell you that, and if not, we will tell you that too. You will receive accurate, important and helpful information, whether we are lucky enough to earn your business or not. As professionals, we believe that we can make a difference you will remember.

Mold in attic

Mold in Attic

Mold can stay hidden in your attic and may not be found until you are having work done on your A/C unit or roof repair. Your ventilation system may cause mold in your attic during heating and cooling periods.

Crawl space mold

Mold in Crawl space

Mold can appear in crawl space under your house due to the opening to the elements. This area can be cleaned and coated to keep mold from building on the exterior elements of your home.


Did you know that mold can grow indoors in places that may not be obvious?

Mold can grow on hidden surfaces; such as, the backside of dry wall, wallpaper, or paneling, the top of ceiling tiles, the underside of carpets and pads, etc. Mold and grow in these possible locations and may result in hidden mold in areas that include pipe chases and utility tunnels (with leaking or condensing pipes), walls behind furniture (where condensation forms), condensate drain pans inside air handling units, porous thermal or acoustic liners inside ductwork, or roof materials above ceiling tiles (due to roof leaks or insufficient insulation).

There are building materials that can act as a vapor barrier; such as, dry wall with vinyl wallpaper over it or wood paneling, trapping moisture underneath their surfaces and providing a moisture environment allowing mold to be able to grow.

If you suspect mold, removal can be dangerous, especially when removal of wallpaper can lead to a massive release of spores from mold growing on the underside of the paper. Call the professional to make sure your family and your health is safe from these types of mold dangers.


Serving Anne Arundel County, Calvert County, Charles County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, St. Mary's County, Maryland

Licenses Here


People just like you say nice things about our service

  • We did a major remodeling of our master bedroom and bathroom and hired Superior Electrical to do all of the electrical work. They did a great job and proved themselves capable, competent, and reliable. Rich, Alex, and David will be our go-to electricians next time we need any electrical work.

    Jon and Joy Stern
  • Superior Electrical is a family owned and operated business that really does a thorough job and makes sure your problem is REALLY solved. Our garage electrical had stopped working due to some faulty wiring in the past. They came out last month and checked out the entire system and found a faulty installation of fuses, but still charged me as if it was just a small repair. Plus he taught us about what to do if the fuse--which is part of the hardwiring now--causes problems again so we can fix it ourselves. I like that.....

    Linda N.
    Thurmont, Maryland
  • Superior Electrical came to our house when I had an outlet that was not working properly and while they where here; discovered some improperly wired items that could have caused a fire later in time. Later they told me about the ALL HOUSE Surge Protector and I was thrilled that they were able to install one for my home. So now all of my major appliances, PCs and TVs are safe. I highly recommend Supreior Electrical to all my friends and family. They are THE MOST reliable company I have ever used for electrical repair services.

    J L Berntsson
    Gaithersburg, Maryland